Software/Systems/Hardware Engineering Process Improvement Consulting
StepUp Solutions, Inc. has an established track record in helping both small and large organizations improve their performance and process capabilities by using the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and other industry best practices, e.g., ISO, SPICE, Six Sigma, ITIL. Having led numerous efforts which resulted in achieving significant performance and process improvements, we provide practical solutions to the challenges or obstacles your organization faces.
Strategy and goal setting
- Establishing improvement goals and an infrastructure, such as a Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) or EPG, to support your business needs and ensure successful change management.
- Complimentary visit to understand your organization's needs and goals (only travel expenses are billed)
Providing orientations to management and other groups within your organization
Supporting process group action plans and implementation
Supporting the planning, definition, implementation, and deployment of processes that are consistent with the CMMI and other industry models, such as the following:
- Business Process Management Systems (BPMS) - a framework of efficient company processes covering all functions and disciplines. Use of BPM tools to automate and support the process definition activities.
- Software, systems, and hardware engineering - requirements management and development, development activities, verification and validation (e.g., testing), peer reviews, etc.
- Project management - estimating and planning, measurement, monitoring and control, risk management, etc.
- Process management - SEPG/EPG set up, defining standard processes, organizational training plans, etc.
- Support areas - e.g., Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, etc.